2.) Read "The Unknown Rebel" (http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988169-3,00.html)
3.) Answer the following questions in your journal:
- What is the main idea of the work? (Remember, main idea is just like theme for a fiction story. A main idea needs to have a thematic topic, the author’s opinion, and the so what. It is universal—not based on the specific incident being discussed in the essay.)
- How does the author use ethos? In other words, how does he establish his credibility with the audience? Give specific examples from the text.
- How does the author use pathos to get his point across? Give at least two specific examples from the text.
- How does the author use logos to get his point across? Give at least two specific examples from the text.
- What examples of literary/rhetorical devices did you find in the essay? Give at least two examples—identify the term/device, and include the passage from the text.