1.) Finish questions for "The Man in the Water" and submit either electronically to turnitin.com or by handing your written assignment to the sub.
2.) Read "Shunned" by Meredith Hall (linked below) and answer the following questions:
1. How does Meredith Hall use ethos? How does she establish her credibility? Give at least two examples from the text.
2. How does Meredith Hall use logos? Can you find two examples where she appeals to logic or reasoning? What are they?
3. Much of this article uses pathos. What two examples do you find most effective, and why?
4. how does the imbalance between the amount of pathos and logos impact the effectiveness of the essay? Does it make it more effective or less effective? Why?
5. Can you think of any scenario where something like this would happen today? What would someone have to do in order to be shunned by an entire school or town?
6. What is Meredith Hall's argument? What does she want you, the reader, to understand?
3.) If you have more time, begin reading "The Penalty of Death" and "The Unquiet Death of Robert Harris" (both linked below)