**The turnitin.com assignment was not set up on time for you to submit in class, but it is there now, so you can submit anytime before the end of day tomorrow**
2.) Listen to and annotate "The Man in the Water". Answer the following five questions about the article:
- What is the main idea of the work? (Remember, main idea is just like theme for a fiction story. A main idea needs to have a thematic topic, the author’s opinion, and the so what. It is universal—not based on the specific incident being discussed in the essay.)
- How does the author use ethos? In other words, how does he establish his credibility with the audience? Give specific examples from the text.
- How does the author use pathos to get his point across? Give at least two specific examples from the text.
- How does the author use logos to get his point across? Give at least two specific examples from the text.
- What examples of literary/rhetorical devices did you find in the essay? Give at least two examples—identify the term/device, and include the passage from the text.